Friday, February 22, 2008

My Litter Mates

Recently I was reminded that my animal advocate friends are a special breed all to themselves. No matter how long it’s been since we have been in touch, or out of touch, seeing them is good for my soul. It keeps me connected to like minded individuals, even if we don’t always agree about controversial welfare issues like Kill/No Kill, TNR or Animal Transports.

It’s too bad that often times many advocates become overwhelmed with non-essential issues and don’t take the time to attend the town next doors fund raiser or won’t register for the upcoming 3-day training conference because they either claim to already know everything there is about the topic or simply just don’t make the time to attend. Either way it denies them of the chance to bond and re-connect with old friends and work associates.
I can’t encourage welfare workers enough to try and find the time to spend together. This is a great opportunity to learn from one another, get re-fueled or just let loose in a safe environment.
After all, our fellow litter mates are essential in the teachings of how to become socialized, properly.

CherylAnn

No comments: